Wen Jiabao speech on the second session of China - Central and Eastern Europe Business Forum
April 26, 2012, Premier Wen Jiabao in the Polish capital Warsaw to attend the Second China - Central and Eastern Europe Business Forum and delivered a speech entitled "Let's create a better future". Speech is as follows:
Work together to create the future
- Speech in the second session of China - Central and Eastern Europe Business Forum
Premier Wen Jiabao of the People's Republic of China
(April 26, 2012, Warsaw)
Dear Tusk Prime Minister, the leaders,
Ladies and Gentlemen:
The first time in 25 years, weight visit to Poland, standing on this ancient and magical land, a fresh feeling. The great Polish people wise and industrious, hard work, the countries showing the vitality and prosperity. Poland to successfully deal with the international financial crisis, sustained economic growth, financial remained stable, rising international status and influence. As a strategic partner for Poland, we are very happy!
MW between the two peoples are good friends and good partners. In recent years, bilateral relations to a new level. Yesterday with Prime Minister Donald Tusk was held comprehensive, in-depth and fruitful talks on deepening bilateral friendship and cooperation and reached important consensus: MW will establish the Prime Ministers' regular meeting mechanism to strengthen high-level exchanges; the establishment of the Cooperation Council between the two governments to co-ordinate coordinate cooperation in various fields; the two sides will develop economic and trade cooperation and long-term planning, the establishment of the Steering Committee of industry cooperation, strengthen cooperation in investment, infrastructure, high technology, new energy field to promote balanced growth of bilateral trade for 5 years to double; further close culture, education, tourism, youth and cooperation at the local, provincial and municipal exchanges. These initiatives will inject new momentum in the development of bilateral strategic partnership, resulting in extensive and far-reaching positive impact.
Ladies and Gentlemen:
Last June, I attended during the first between China and Central and Eastern Europe economic and trade forum in Hungary, some European leaders and entrepreneurs, said he hoped to expand cooperation with China at the district level, I agree with this. Today, we do so together in the beautiful city of Warsaw, and discuss economic and trade cooperation plans. The careful organization of the Polish government and the warm reception, I express my sincere thanks and pay tribute to people from all walks of life has long been committed to the friendly cooperation of the Chinese and Eastern European countries!
Economic cooperation and trade relations of China and Central and Eastern Europe the most active and the most promising areas. In 2001, bilateral trade volume is only $ 4.3 billion to reach $ 52.9 billion in 2011, an average annual growth of 27.6%. Since the international financial crisis, bilateral trade contrarian on which China imports from Central and Eastern European countries average annual growth of 30%. Two-way investment has become increasingly active Chinese enterprises to invest in Central and Eastern Europe is already covered by the chemical industry, machinery, household appliances, telecommunications, automotive and new energy industries, and agriculture, finance, science and technology to expand, increasing the contribution of local economic growth and employment. Bilateral cooperation in infrastructure construction to bear fruit, the Belgrade Danube Bridge, a landmark project.
And cultural exchanges have been an important driving force in bilateral relations. At present, Chinese and Eastern European countries, a total of 37 pairs of friendly provinces and states, 58 pairs of sister cities. In Central and Eastern European countries, more and more people are learning Chinese, the Confucius Institutes and Confucius Classrooms up to 58. Chinese tourists to residents of Eastern European countries, tourism in China in 2011 a total of 230,000 people, the first stop to the Central and Eastern European countries close to 75,000 people. People on both sides between each other more in-depth understanding and friendship.
China and Central and Eastern European countries, although there are differences in social system and national conditions, cultural aspects, but these will not change our common aspiration to develop friendly relations and firm convictions. As long as both sides insist on mutual respect, equality, mutually beneficial cooperation, they will be able to consolidate the traditional friendship and achieve common development.
Ladies and Gentlemen:
This year, the world economic situation has improved, but that the recovery is very fragile, there is greater uncertainty. China and Central and Eastern European countries work together to deal with the challenges, the fundamental interests of both sides. China with the greatest sincerity, and deepen the friendly relations with the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, and vigorously promote the pragmatic level of cooperation, for the benefit of both peoples.
- We want to expand the scale of cooperation. China is willing to make joint efforts with the Central and Eastern European countries, mutual market opening, and strive to the volume of bilateral trade in 2015 reached $ 100,000,000,000. China understands the concerns of the Eastern European countries, the trade imbalance is willing to import more products in Eastern Europe and to facilitate foreign enterprises to participate in exhibitions and trade fairs in China. China will recently sent a "trade and investment promotion missions to Central and Eastern Europe to intensify its efforts to encourage Chinese enterprises to invest and to go to Central and Eastern Europe, hoping to get countries to support and help.
- We want to expand areas of cooperation. Carry out all-round cooperation including trade, investment, infrastructure, tourism and other fields. Central and Eastern European countries demand for infrastructure construction, Chinese enterprises have mature technology and rich experience in the planning, design and construction of affordable, project cost, broad prospects for bilateral cooperation. China advocated the establishment of the Advisory Committee on the transport network construction experts, based on voluntary principle to participate, to discuss the various forms of joint ventures, joint contracting to participate in the demonstration network of highway, railway construction in Central and Eastern Europe. China advocated the establishment of China - Central and Eastern European countries to promote tourism alliance, mutual promotion of tourism products, the joint development of tourist routes to explore opening more direct route. Welcome to Central and Eastern European companies to participate in the China International Tourism Fair held in Shanghai this fall, the Chinese side is willing to assist in organizing China - Central and Eastern European countries special tourism product launches.
- Necessary to improve the cooperation mechanism. Both sides need to continue to organize economic and trade forum, held a leaders' meeting; China will set up a China - Central and Eastern Europe Cooperation Secretariat, responsible for communication and coordination, promote the implementation of the consensus reached by both sides; bilateral trade and investment promotion agencies to co-operate to build a business information platform, focusing on cooperation matchmaking for SMEs; China is ready to work in Eastern European countries and signing the currency swap agreement, cross-border trade settlement currency, the mutual establishment of bank branches.
- We want to lay a solid foundation for cooperation. China proposes China - Central and Eastern Europe Cultural Cooperation Forum held in China next year, and more carried out in each other cultural festivals; the two sides should strengthen education policy dialogue, promotion of university exchanges, expansion of language teaching cooperation; to promote the electronic media to carry out the program exchange joint film and personnel exchanges; advantage, driving the local cooperation between the two sides encourage friendly provinces and cities. The youth is the hope for the friendship from generation to generation, China proposes to organize the first "Forum" China and Central and Eastern European young politicians in China next year, welcome the national youth elite to take part.
To effectively promote the pragmatic cooperation with the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, the Chinese Government has decided: the establishment of a special line of credit of $ 10 billion, with a certain proportion of preferential loans to be used mainly to support bilateral cooperation in the field of infrastructure, high-tech, green economy projects; initiated the establishment of China - Central and Eastern European Investment Fund, the first phase of raising funds target of $ 500 million; according to the actual situation and needs of the Central and Eastern European countries, to promote Chinese enterprises in the next five years in the countries in building an economic and technological parks; five years to 5000 scholarships for Eastern European countries, invited 1000 students to the Chinese training in Chinese, and sent 1000 students and scholars to go to Central and Eastern European countries to study the exchange; the establishment of "China and Central and Eastern Europe Relations Research Fund, China 2 million yuan a year funding.
Ladies and Gentlemen:
The friendly relations between China and Eastern European countries face the rapid development of an important opportunity to usher in the spring of hope. As long as we are hard to cultivate the seed sown, and we will be able to harvest the rich fruit. Outstanding Polish scientist Marie Curie said, "If you can follow the ideal life, the spirit of freedom, courage perseverance, honest and bully the ideological line, certainly reaching to the position of America perfection. Let us join hands and jointly write a new chapter of friendly relations between China and Central and Eastern European countries.